Aims and Structure
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF JIGSAW NURSERY SCHOOL
1. We believe that each child is unique and aim to ensure that all children feel secure, happy, loved and valued within a warm environment.
2. We believe in nurturing positive relationships and aim to help children develop kindness and learn to respect each other, adults and all living things.
3. We aim to provide an enabling environment with well planned learning opportunities, accessible to each child both indoor and outdoor to enable every child to make choices.
4. We aim to provide every child with the appropriate amount of adult support necessary to engage the child in the learning process.
5. We allow every child to explore their individual interests at their own pace and recognise that all children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
6. We aim to stimulate all round development of the child and believe that children benefit emotionally, socially and intellectually from contact with other children and adults and that social and emotional development enables the child to relate well to their environment and as such are important as academic skills.
7. We aim to provide each child with a well balanced nutritious diet offering meals that are attractive and enjoyable, also to cater for alternative dietary requirements e.g. vegetarian and non dairy as appropriate.
8. We aim to provide equal opportunities for all children regardless of gender, race, religion or ability.
9. We aim to prepare each child of appropriate age for the transition from room to room and ultimately from nursery to school.
10. We aim to ensure that parents leaving their children at nursery feel confident and assured that he/she will be cared for to the highest standard.